Pantone has just released the color of the year for 2019: Living Coral. It’s bright, tropical and uplifting, and promises to energize and enliven our design themes in the year ahead. Be prepared to see this vivacious hue gracing color themes in interiors, clothing, and more through the next 12 months.
Want to bring some Living Coral into your home? Here are our favorite ways to incorporate this energetic shade in homewares, accessories, and furniture for either a subtle or a dramatic look.
- Embellish your home with touches of this color in curtains or drapes, to frame windows with vibrancy. This coral hue works well with other blues and greens, which helps to balance both the cool and warm undertones and accentuates the tropical connotations of this color.
- Decorate sofas and chairs with cushions or throws, to add in elements of coral in a subtle way. Placing a small cushion on a chair will add a simple yet effective pop of color to your rooms.
Credit: Tobi Fairley Design
Offset this coral hue with lots of monochromatic white and black. You can replicate this interior design theme with our own Drum Hardback Lamp Shades in white.
- Invest in colorful furniture, upholstered with this vivacious shade. Choose items such as stools or pouffes, and display either on their own or in a group, depending on how strong you want the color to be. Match with neutral colours (such as the light beige lamp shades pictured), plus turquoise or teal accessories and plenty of gold or rose gold to accentuate the warmth of this coral shade. We love this arrangement including a sculptural gold dresser for an oriental interior design theme:
Recreate this look with our own Pagoda Shantung Lamp Shades.
- Linens and blankets are an easy way to incorporate Pantone’s Living Coral with texture and impact in your bedroom. This uplifting color would look as good in a lightweight cotton sheet as it would in a satin finish – don’t be afraid to go bold and pair with matching cushions and accessories in this coral hue to embrace this color theme.
Credit: Gary Riggs Design
- Colorful sofas are enjoying a surge in popularity at the moment, and so why not embrace the trend for vibrant seating with an armchair or sofa upholstered in Living Coral. Place in the middle of your sitting room for an interesting focal point that draws the eye, and balance the setting with neutral black, white and gold, and plenty of botanical touches to amplify that summery, tropical feel.